SlipKIT - Build Your Own - Slip Collar
PLEASE NOTE : as you select your colours the main image changes to reflect your choices.
This slip collar forms the basis of a versatile toolkit to support the diverness of our everyday lives. From training steadyness to handsfree handling, from bracing multiple dogs to a tie-outs, from lazy long lead ambling to close healing work.
The 'build you own' collar can be as stylish as you design it and includes a stainless steel metal thimble to help the rope glide more smoothly whilst reducing wear to the rope itself. We've added a stainless steel limiter that you adjust to your dogs neck diameter when you first put it on to ensure the collar never over tightens and damages your dogs neck. The connector ring is stainless steel too. The collar is designed to be eye catching, malleable, waterproof, easy to find, hard wearing and won't rust.
Every collar is hand made to your specifications. The main rope is made from PPM cord otherwise known as polypropylene multifilament fibre. It has incredible merits : lightweight, floats, mildew resistant, rot resistant, high breaking load, dries quickly, non-toxic and safe for humans and animals. The cord would more commonly be found on sailing yachts!
The whipping is made from 1.4mm paracord and the stop is braided from 4mm paracord. A cord originally used in the military because of its strength and flexibility. The whipping is strong enough to make it durable but soft enough to be malleable against the dogs neck. The braided stop moves smoothly, but has enough resistance to avoid slipping.
HOW TO MEASURE FOR YOUR COLLAR
It is important to get the measurement right as your slip collar is made to measure with your custom colours and is not off the peg. Please contact us if you are at all unsure.
- Measure at the widest position of your dog's head, please include ears and jowls and not just the skull if that is the widest part of your dog's head.
- This position might be slightly different to the image depending on your dog. For example a Cocker with large ears will be measured in a different position to a Spinone with jowls.
- Move the tape measure over the head and down the start of the neck a bit like when you slip on a lead to see where the biggest measurement is.
- Measure so it is comfortably tight.
- Do not add anything to the measurement, we will add enough to ensure you can fit your fingers under the collar and slip it on and off.
Although we have added a limiter for your peace of mind, as with slip leads, they should only be warn when under supervision.
Prices include postage to the UK. Once your order is received it will be made and on its way to you normally within 10-14 days. You will receive a dispatch email to say it is on its way. Please note all sizes and colours are approximate and that the image created by your choices is an artistic impression of what your lead could look like.
From time to time you may want to clean your collar, especially if you choose lighter colours in your design. Click on this link to find out how to best care for your lead.